Choosing a colour scheme for furniture isn’t too different from picking a paint colour for your walls. There are a few simple steps you can follow:
1. Look at the room your piece of furniture will go in – is there an obvious colour scheme?
2. Do you want your furniture to match, be a tonal variation of the existing colour scheme, or do you want your furniture to stand out?
3. If you’re starting from scratch and have no fixed colour ideas, head to Pinterest (we’ve put together loads of painted furniture ideas here), flick through magazines, check out your favourite Instagram accounts and make a note of which colours and styles you’re drawn to.
4. Perhaps you have a favourite piece of fabric, a vase, a painting or another lovely object that you just love the colours in. take inspiration from this!
5. If you’re stuck between colour schemes, order a couple of sample pots and test the colour.
But above all remember that painting furniture is easy and relatively quick so you can usually afford to be a little braver with your colour choice! And you can always repaint it in the future if you fancy a change.
And if you’re still in need of a little inspiration, here’s a few of our favourite painted furniture colour schemes:
Top tables! A simply painted console table is a smart statement against a contrasting coloured wall.
Take a seat! Painting chairs in a similar colour to walls is an easy way to create a super stylish, coordinated scheme.
Bright and beautiful! Be brave with your colour choices and paint furniture in bold, vivid shades to add a playful feel to any room.
If you’ve used Earthborn to paint any furniture in your home, we’d love to see! Share your projects with us on our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter pages.